If you have been looking for an NHS dentist in Oxford and can’t find one to suit, why not consider Studental at Oxford Brookes University on Headington Hill?
Our name may sound like we are only available to students in the city, but we are, in fact, open for anyone in Oxford to register with us.
As an NHS dentist in Oxford, we offer a range of treatments that are funded by the National Health Service. Depending on your financial status, some of these may even be free.
Here is a list of circumstances that allow you to claim free treatment:
- being less than 18 years old
- being 18 or older and in full-time education
- being pregnant, or having had a baby in the 12 months before your treatment began
- receiving Income Support, income-related Employment and Support Allowance or income-related Jobseeker’s Allowance
- receiving Universal Credit, having earned less than £435 in the last assessment period
- having been awarded Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit).
There are also other benefits that allow you to have free dental treatment, which you can find on our website.
NHS treatments are aimed at making sure your teeth are in good condition. Treatments include:
- hygienist sessions
- root canal therapy
- fluoride treatments
- fissure sealants
Treatments that are more about having a great smile are not available on the NHS, but you can still get them from Studental. These include:
- dental implants
- teeth whitening
- white fillings
- inlays and onlays
- invisible braces.
Having access to an NHS dentist in Oxford can save you a great deal of money, as long as you are entitled to treatment on the NHS. And it can be fine to mix and match. For example, you may find out at your NHS check-up that you need a filling. You can only get amalgam fillings on the NHS, but you can choose to have a white filling instead for aesthetic reasons.
As long as you don’t try to claim anything you are not entitled to, you can mix up treatments as much as you like.
We look forward to welcoming you to our practice.